Friday 24 October 2014

How green am I?



Being green is not common by these days. People just live in the world and don’t care about which effects can have the things they do today for tomorrow. Anyway. At least there are some groups and person that cares about the world, and that’s important, like Greenpeace around the world; Al Gore, an American environmentalist or even the groups in every country that have the job to contribute to make people change their mind and start to think more green.
In the case of Chile, I think the Environment ministry make sometimes campaigns and by mass media says the plans they have for the country. In my case, I think when I was younger, like 13 or 14 I was a very green person. I turned out the lights everytime I can, I took short showers and even I kept pieces of papers that I just don’t use for recycle. And now, I’m still being green, but not to much, because I use car every morning (actually my dad haha) and I don’t recycle anymore, because it takes time.
I always wanted to join to a environment group, but I believe that you don’t need to belong to a organization to really “help”. You just want to be concient and act according what you really want for you, your future, and the world’s too.

If I can do anything, I’d like to be like Al Gore, and give talks to the people in regions, in the city, schools to learn that caring about world is not only for it, is for us too. I think that thing is Santiago doesn’t have, a leader. 


274 words 

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes we are so lazy for recycling (as me :c), because it really needs dedication and time, but stills being an important thing that would really help us to have a better life. see you on class :)

    ReplyDelete